Glad Tidings Discipleship Institute (GTDI) was birthed by Robert and Mary Craig in 1913. The Craigs had a vision to reach 100,000 people with the Gospel, through the training and sending of pastors and missionaries. In 1952, GTDI moved to Santa Cruz, CA as Bethany Bible College.
With Bethany’s closure in 2011, Pastor Forrest Beiser – a Bethany alumnus – determined to restore GTDI to its roots as the ministry training arm of Glad Tidings Church in San Francisco.
The original GTDI, birthed out of the fires of the 1906 Azusa Street revival, reproduced Azusa’s passion to carry that fire to the ends of the earth. Today, that same drive lies at the core of the restored GTDI. Our vision is for nothing short of a shower of sparks igniting new fires of the Spirit as men and women leave GTDI to follow God’s call around the world.